|That's just the face I make when I greet people.|
So at the beginning of the month my laptop (that wasn't even quite two years old) CRASHED and I was pretty much computerless. With all that extra free time I had I was pretty much forced into focusing on class and it paid off because I passed, and in theory, I will get to graduate in the spring. Now I've got this shiny new laptop and I'm back! (Crossing my fingers I can get the stuff off my old hard drive though :/).
I was catching up on my blog reading and saw Angela had nominated me for a Liebster Award! What a sweetheart. What is a Liebster Award you ask?
Bloggers nominate other bloggers with 200 or less followers. Liebster means "favorite" in German so everyone can promote their favorite blogs... or maybe find new ones! If you are nominated, you just have to follow the rules (below) and nominate 11 more blogs to keep the fun going!
Rules for nominees:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
So here we go!
11 Facts About Me
1. I am left handed. And I am the kind of left handed person who will tell anyone who listens that this is a right handed person's world, and lefties should be taken more into consideration.
2. My first concert was a Sugar Ray/Matchbox 20 show.
3. As I am typing this, I just polished off an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Banana Peanut Butter Greek Frozen Yogurt. It was delicious. I am ashamed.
4. I HATE long sleeve shirts. With the exception of hoodies/sweatshirts, I don't even own a long sleeved shirt.
5. I wish I could grow a full, thick beard at will.
6. I would trade my right hand to be able to draw as well I want.
7. I am extremely, painfully shy.
8. I'm only five feet tall.
9. I love Stephen King. I really do.
10. I also love Tool. And anything Maynard James Keenan does.
11. I've never been in the ocean past my ankles. I'm a sissy breeches.
1. What is the best vacation you've ever been on?
I'd have to say when my boyfriend and I went to see Tool in Oklahoma a couple of years ago, or when we saw Tool (front row!) in Georgia in February. Oklahoma was extra fun because it was our first road trip together, and before the concert we went to the science museum.
2. Do you sleep with socks on?
No way. I hate socks and wear them only when it's absolutely necessary. Hot feet = no sleep.
3. What is your standard coffee shop order?
If there's something pumpkin flavored, that's what I'm ordering.
4. Do you like to volunteer? If so, where?!
It's something I don't get to do often, but definitely want to make more time for. I'd love to start a program that teaches children different crafts/art forms.
5. What's the best class you've ever taken?
I couldn't possibly pick just one! I loved my astronomy class and my psychology class. Of course I loved most of my art classes. But if I had to pick one that wasn't art related, it would definitely be the Philosophy class I took this semester. The professor is one of my favorite people I've ever met, and I genuinely believe that class was good for my soul. Taking that class happened at just the right time in my life, I think.
6. What's at the top of your Christmas list this year?
A new lens for my camera!
7. Favorite muppet?
I like Beaker.
8. Current best show on television?
I don't think Breaking Bad is currently showing new episodes, but that is the best show. The VERY best.
9. Favorite magazine?
I like National Geographic. That's the only one I read regularly, I don't usually read magazines.
10. Do you have an unusual talent?
I can make my face twitch. I'm told it's pretty funny.
11. Why did you begin blogging?
I started ButtonMunch because I am terrible at keeping a journal and the idea was I would keep up with this better. It's definitely a goal to keep up with it more in the new year! I also realized how much I had in common with the bloggers whose blogs I read, and I just think the blogging community is pretty neat.
I'm gonna break the rules here, because I'm a bad ass and that's just what we do. I nominate EVERYONE. Because you are all awesome.
1. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite recipe?
3. Would you rather be eaten by a shark or trampled by an elephant? You must pick one.
4. What is your favorite holiday movie? (Any Holiday.)
5. If you had to give up one of your five senses, which would it be?
6. In the place of the sense you just gave up, you get to pick any super power. What is it?
7. and 8. What is your favorite scent and why?
9. What celebrity do you have an irrational fear of? You know you have one. (I have many: Forest Whitaker, Nicholas Cage, and Whoopi Goldberg, I'm looking at you.)
10. You just won $5,000,000. What are you doing with it?
11. What is the funniest joke you know?
If you make a Liebster Award post on your blog, leave a link in a comment; I wanna read them!
Well, I'm off to make a few more last minute Christmas gifts and watch 24 hours of one of my most favorite movies EVER (A Christmas Story). Happy Christmahanakwanzika to those who celebrate and have an awesome regular December 25th to those who don't!