Busy, busy, busy week last week, I hardly got anything I actually needed to do done. But that's okay, my after-work activities consisted of spending time with my family, which is pretty rare when we all live at least an hour apart in completely different directions!
Last Tuesday was my step-dad's birthday, so I made him Red Velvet Cupcakes.
They were quite delicious.
My 7 month old niece certainly agreed.
Wednesday, I visited my step-mom, her partner, and my little brother. We had such a great time eating pizza and cinnamon rolls and laughing. I wish I could see them all more often!
Thursday, I went to the dentist for the second week in a row and luckily for the last time for a few months. I was super excited to get a cast of my teeth though!
Afterwards my dad came up and we went to see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. I love all scary movies, great or terrible, and with a title like that I thought it could go either way. It turned out to be pretty great. I would definitely recommend going to see it. My only regret is my theater didn't have it in 3D anymore. Normally, I don't like 3D movies but I think it would've been pretty neat.
After work Friday I played with Lila for a little while and then headed out to go see Matt.
Saturday we saw a sweet double rainbow but I failed to snap a picture of it.
Sunday I went to Dickson to visit my grandmother and dad to celebrate his birthday. We ate BBQ and watched one of my very favorite movies, 'Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?'.
All in all it was a pretty great week. I don't see my dad and grandmother or stepmother and brother very often and I was glad to be able to spend time with them!
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
1. Gushers need no explanation.
2. Bacon Sundaes, however, may require one. I don't know if these are in your area, but from what I've read, the Nashville area Burger Kings were the first to get these. Let me tell ya, they're pretty delicious. Vanilla ice cream, bacon, hot fudge, and caramel sauce apparently is the perfect combination.
3. Ok, this Burger and French Fry print is one of the coolest shirts I've ever seen. I seriously need one.
4. My wonderful mother dyed my hair for me (and that is no easy task). Thanks, mama!
5. The Stud Mobile.
6. I love cartoons, and I love Adventure Time. I wish it was on all the time.
8. Lunch with my family! Mmm chicken mushroom quesadillas and pineapple salsa.
9. Trying to learn German, taking notes with my super awesome 7 year pen that my stepmother gave me this past Christmas.
10. I absolutely love old informational books. While skimming this one I picked up this tip:
SPIDER BITES - If bitten by a black widow spider, drink liquor heavily from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. You won't get drunk, you'll be healed.
Now I'm off to make some buttons!