Sunday, November 18, 2012

Life Lately (What I've Made Recently Addition)

Long time, no blog right? I haven't been in the mood much for it, as life has gotten a tad bit complicated lately (no fun), but that's okay. I've been making tons of stuff to keep my mind off things, so that's what I'm going to show you today!




So first up is this book that I whipped up. (And by whipped up I mean spent 4 hours on. I started it at 9 pm, and finished it at 1am!) I've made plenty of books before, but this was my first time attempting a Coptic stitch book! Not to shabby for my first shot at it, if I do say so myself. This one is going to be my new sketchbook, but I'm planning on making a bunch more and adding them to the shop.


Next is the scarf that is no where near complete. I love and hate knitting, so often times nothing gets finished. It's hard to see in the picture, but I love the texture this pattern makes. It's a "mock cable" stitch: you (kind of) get the look of a cable pattern, but without it getting too complicated!


I've been making TONS of buttons for ButtonMunch! Like, seriously, I need to get 40+ buttons listed, and soon. I picked a couple of my favorites because my hands can't hold 40+ buttons.


Finally, I have saved the best for last: cyanotypes! We learned this process in my photography class for a project we're working on, but I did these because I'm completely obsessed with making them and can't stop for fun. It pretty much combines my two favorite art forms: photography and printmaking! I'll definitely be adding some cyanotype prints in ButtonMunch soon. I would tell you more about them, but I'm planning on posting a tutorial on them in the next few days so be on the lookout!

Speaking of the project were working on, I need to go make more of these now. So what have you been making lately? Any tutorials I should check out? Let me know in a comment below!

Hope everyone's having an awesome weekend,
Love, Jana


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous notebook, and I love the color of that yarn! I'm currently working on a rainbow scarf.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oohh, a rainbow scarf? Sounds pretty!

      Delete
  2. I love the color of that scarf. So bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the pattern of your knitting! Is that pattern online? And what kind of fiber are you using? I JUST learned to knit last month, and I'll post my first completed scarf tomorrow. I'm looking for a new pattern, and this looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The pattern is online, but I have no idea where I found it! If you do a search on google for "mock cable knitting pattern" you'll get tons of results that are extremely similar. I'm knitting with cotton yarn (Peaches and Creme brand). It's super easy to knit with. Can't wait to see your first scarf!

      Delete
  4. new follower here!! thanks for the inspiration :) i can't wait to check out your tutorials. heartandthrift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete